Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Welcome 2011


The holidays went by in a flash this year. I spent the holidays by myself; alone with the two dogs, rain and quiet. I have an almost 10 year old Beauty Queen Golden, Angelina, and a new 19 month old Red Field type golden, Cannella.

Many a Christmas day has been spent on the beach. This is one of those wonderful things about northern California...a clear winter day can be spectacular for outdoor activities. I brought the dogs and a friend to Limantaur; Pt.Reyes National Seashore and they LOVED it.

Cannella is quite a player and searched for any dog that would play...the bigger the better. She has reminded me what it is to have a young, energetic dog in the household. Fun, draining, challenging. I welcomed this time to spend bonding, training and just falling for her....






Leaving Limantaur and heading home I commented to my friend; "I have seen many bobcats out this way" and just as I said it, I glanced in a pasture by the road and there he (or she) was. What a spectacular way to end a great day!



I don't think there is a better way to spend the day then at the beach during a clear California winter. Except, of course, an all day ride on Mystery...

No comments: